• Where should I apply for a visa? Must I appear in person to submit my application? May I use a visa service?

    You may apply for a visa like tourist visa, Study visa, family visa, Journalist visa and group visa at a Chinese Embassy or Consulate General based on your Country of residence. You need to complete and sign the visa form and prepare necessary supporting documents and have your friend or a visa service help submit your application. You don't have to appear in person unless required by a consular officer.
    Find out the visa types

  • Do you provide express visa service?

    Yes. Express service is available for an additional fee. You need to make such request to our staff while submitting your application. Please note that not all applications can be expedited as some requires longer processing time.

  • How do I read and understand my visa?

    "Entries" refers to the number of times you are permitted to enter China. It can be single-entry, double-entry, or multiple-entry and good through the validity of your visa.
    Validity ("Enter Before") of a visa begins from the date of issue and good through 24h00 Beijing Time of the "Enter Before" date unless the number of entries is used up or the visa is revoked by the Chinese government.
    Duration of Each Stay is the maximum number of days you are allowed to stay in China on each entry, calculated from the date of entry into China. While in China, you may find your date of departure from China will exceed the "Enter Before" date. You will not be punished as long as your total stay on that entry is within the limit on the "Duration of Each Stay".
    Note: Please take notice of the Remarks if any on your visa. All Z, X1, Q1, S1, D visa holders are required to proceed to and apply for a residence permit from the local Public Security authorities within 30 days upon arrival in China unless the Duration of Each Stay on the visa is marked as 30 days.

  • How long does it to process my application? What is the right time to submit my visa application?

    Normally it takes 4 business days to process a visa application although some applications require longer processing time. You will be notified of the estimated collection date either on your pick-up slip or by phone later. You are advised to submit your visa application about one month before your planned travel date in China.

  • What are the requirements for an invitation letter?

    The invitation letter may be in the form of fax, photocopy or computer printout, and must be signed by the inviter and/or company seal in case of a business invite. An applicant may be required to provide the original invitation letter as deemed necessary by the agent

  • I will be traveling to China on company business. I will also meet my friends in China. What type of visa is most appropriate for me?

    If you travel to China on multiple purposes, you may submit your application based on your main purpose and provide supporting documents accordingly.

  • I am currently in China on a visa and the permitted time of stay is almost up, but I need to stay longer. May I send my passport back to a friend in U.S. in order to get a new valid visa?

    No. You must leave mainland China if you need to apply for a new visa. Or you may apply for an extension of visa from the local public security authorities in China.

  • What are the requirements for passport, visa application form and photo?

    Your passport must valid at least for one year, and not altered/damaged/smudged in any way.
    Make sure you TYPE to complete and sign an up-to-date version of visa application form (V2013). You must provide true, complete and accurate answers to each question on the form. The form needs to be signed by the applicant (or a parent /guardian in case of a minor). Only original signature is accepted.
    Please glue a photo that is printed on glossy photo paper onto the form. Your photo must meet the requirements
    Document and visa information: Application types

  • What type of visa do my spouse and I need when we come for a ‘look-see trip’ before I accept the job?

    Short Term Visitor Visa (either tourist visa or business visa)

    More information: See the application types

  • What do I need as an inter-company transferee, i.e. same country but different company?

    First you need to cancel your original working permit with your current employee and that they give you the documents of cancellation. After they cancel your working permit you have 7 working days to apply new one.

    Documents you need: termination letter (with company chap), workbook, passport, 2 passport size pictures

    After your new company has applied the new working permit you need to reapply the residence permit with local police station.

    Documents you need: working permit, your current contract (Original), Passport.

  • Which family members are able to obtain a residence license (visa) as my dependent?

    Dependent residence licenses are granted to most nationalities under the following circumstances:

    Legal spouse (provided you and your spouse have a valid marriage license). Legal child (i.e. child is under the age of 18 years and your name is on the birth certificate or adoption papers).Parent (i.e. your father/mother and his/her name is on your birth certificate) Once your work permit has been approved, your dependents can apply for a residence license at the same time as you, or at a later date. Their residence license will have the same expiry date as yours.

  • Will my spouse be able to work?

    No, a spouse with a dependent visa will not be able to work unless they obtain a valid work permit for China.